Commercial Category Strategy
Category Strategies are for life, not just one project !
This may be controversial, but the shift from consumers to shoppers, from pull to push, has damaged many categories and brands, the emphasis needs to change!
What makes a category strategy compelling and commercially successful?
- Focusing on increasing consumption, not just pushing purchase
- Simple opportunities that are incremental for your brand and the category
- Compelling ideas that get everyone energised and motivated to execute
- Tangible quantifiable opportunities that can be tracked and measured
- Clear vision of a category that delivers for consumers, shoppers and your customers
Our checklist is deliberately short and sweet as the world of retail is changing fast so the era of category strategy projects that took 6-12 months is long gone!
Instead we work with marketing, category and sales teams to go from Analysis > to Insight > to Opportunities > Category plan in less than 4 weeks.
Why is our approach so dynamic?
We apply our tried and tested approach of Propensity Analysis to developing category strategies and category management projects.
This means focusing on propensity to increase consumption and therefore purchase, rather than starting with the shopper and working back.
Ultimately this creates a sustainable category strategy rather than one that’s heavily reliant on pushing products into the shoppers’ basket.
Plus this delivers what buyers are looking for which is evidence of incremental category growth, making it easier to sell the category vision and plans externally.
Examples of previous projects:
Like to know more?
Please email or arrange a call if you'd like to know more about our category strategy methodology and frameworks that deliver sustainable growth